Worship Music Stream
Below, you will see detail descriptions of each focus within the different years of our course so that you can get a better idea of what our course looks like.
The Worship Music stream is designed to develop the heartbeat and creativity of a God-centred worshipper and creative innovator. Your course is structured to equip you for authentic ministry environments, and includes training in worship ministry leadership, song writing, practical and theoretical musicianship, and song analysis. In your 1st and 2nd years you can also choose to focus your training to develop you as a vocalist, an instrumentalist or a song writer.
WHAT WE TEACH:
- Musicianship: Skills, experience and excellence are developed in a band format, including such elements as groove / feel, authentic style, tone and communication techniques.
- Worship Leadership: Combines all the practical and academic elements to teach leadership skills in a Worship Arts Team, including music excellence, worship leadership and music directing.
- Songwriting: Learn how to write songs in a contemporary style, both worship songs for local churches to sing, as well as industry standard songs.
- Theology of Worship: Understanding the role of Christian worship in the church and for the individual, and its relationship to the arts.
*We do not provide individual vocal or instrument lessons. However, a number of Hillsong Creative Team members teach private vocal or music lessons.
- Lecture — Combined student classes
- Workshop — Groups of 25 in practical / skill-based training
- Tutorial — Groups of 25 where students expand what they have learned in lectures and workshops
- Performances — opportunities to collaborate on and showcase your compositions and musical development
All of these delivery formats will, from time-to-time, involve key members of Hillsong Church’s Creative team. This will give you the opportunity to learn from, present to and receive feedback from pivotal people in our Worship world. There will also be many opportunities for students to use their skills around the creative life of Hillsong Church and the College.
This specialisation is available at Certificate IV in Ministry and Diploma of Ministry levels. You can also focus your Advanced Diploma of Ministry training around Worship Music through elective choices.
Interested? Apply Now